Baffled, Bemused and Annoyed With This Overcomplicated Heating System
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Onamatappear
Labourer
Labourer

Baffled, Bemused and Annoyed With This Overcomplicated Heating System

by Onamatappear » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:57 am

I have recently moved in with my partner and have assumed the role of house related trouble shooter/maker. The house is relatively new so wasn't expecting many issues but the heating has been a real headache.
The problem is none of the radiators are working and never have apparently since her ladyship moved in just over a year ago.
Enclosed are pictures which i hope will help.
In the homeowners pack the builders state the following 'we have left the heating on continuous on the programmer attached to the boiler so until you set your programmes you can simply use the wireless room stat to choose the internal heat. This is for all the radiators'
Can someone rescue me from this rapidly worsening situation and restore my credibility in the eyes of the lovely lady.

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Baffled, Bemused and Annoyed With This Overcomplicated Heating System

by collectors » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:06 pm

Presumably you have a remote stat? Press to buttons to turn the temperature up. Boiler should fire up.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Baffled, Bemused and Annoyed With This Overcomplicated Heating System

by ericmark » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:33 am

Without pictures hard to work out, but some pointers, one look for batteries, many systems use wireless thermostats, often powered by AA or AAA batteries, I had one which failed before battery warning light came on.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1