Barn conversion - Getting started
Information, help and solutions to many issues encountered when converting barns and older buildings

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
carlbscott
Labourer
Labourer

Barn conversion - Getting started

Post by carlbscott » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:00 am

I am just about to start my first barn conversion

I have been renovating period properties for years, getting in electricians, plumbers, plasterers etc but handling most of the work myself. This however is far more 'structural' and I would like some advice as to where on earth to start. I am happy to get in a uilder but plan to do as much as possible in order to keep costs down

It is a small two storey barn which I am looking to convert into a holiday cottage. All seems in-tact, concrete floor etc which I'm sure will need damp-proofing etc but I want a step by step guide to removing cladding, sand-blasting, treating, replacing/ renewing cladding, insulation, internal walls (leaving timbers exposed where possbile etc etc

Can anyone help?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks

Carl

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by TheDoctor4 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:36 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm . The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

carlbscott
Labourer
Labourer

Barn Conversion - Getting started

Post by carlbscott » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:25 pm

Hi

Thanks for coming back to me. I had already looked through the relevant areas but couldnt find the answers I was looking for

Hopefully I'll get someone coming back with some pointers as the site and content looks excellent

Cheers

Carl

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:50 pm