DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Bath screen hinge issue with detached bottom hinge

Postby Durnik42 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:35 pm

Hi everyone, Hoping to find some help as my bath screen has a hinge that has come out. The hinges appear to attach to the glass directly the top hinge is still in place and is holding the screen in place
20210707_182021 1.jpg

the bottom one however has come out and I have no idea how to get it back in and secured there other than literally balancing it in place.
20210707_182058 1.jpg

Any assistance would be great as I don't want to have to go through the landlord for something so small.
Durnik42
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:31 pm

Hi durnik42.
You do not show the outer part of the hinge but I suspect it has a hinge pin through the centre which is probably fixed in place with a grub screw. You may have to remove the wall bar to be able to refit this pin.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!