Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
chunks
Labourer
Labourer

bath water drainage not working

by chunks » Wed May 21, 2008 9:02 pm

Hello there,

We have had trouble with our bath water flowing out onto the path rather than soaking away. Have checked the inspection cover and that all seems clear so, do I assume something is creating a problem in the 2mtrs from pipe to inspection chamber?

Would love to have an idea before calling the drainage people.

Thanks in anticipation

ALDA
Foreman
Foreman

by ALDA » Thu May 22, 2008 10:45 pm

CHECK TRAP/GULLY FOR DEBRI THAT MAY BE CAUSING A BLOCKAGE.
THEN HOSE OR PRESSURE WASH TRAP/GULLY/PIPE TO INSPEC. CHAMB.

john9159
Ganger
Ganger

by john9159 » Sun May 25, 2008 6:54 pm

You could invest in a set of drain rods which have been on offer for less than £7 in places like [b]QualitySave[/b].
These are flexible polypropylene rods and when screwed together will reach 10m - remember to keep twisting in a [b]clockwise[/b] direction so they don't unscrew. They will get round tight bends in drains, ideal for your problem if you have the right attachments.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Tue May 27, 2008 10:49 am

Probably a blockage between the house and inspection chamber - at worst a collapsed drain.

To find out for sure the best bet is to get a camera down the drain alot of companies offer CCTV inspections - this will tell you exactly what's causing the problems.

I would, lift inspection chamber cover and run bath any water appearing in chamber ? no water or very little I would get some drain rods down to see if this'll clear the problem, if it doesn't you either get drain people out to assess - or start digging and check the drain yourself (which is the route I chose, I dug down and found a collapsed drain)

Always rod away from the house towards the chamber, never rod back up as all you'll do is compress the blockage and push it further back.

htg

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:07 am