Bathroom Ceiling Extractor Fan Problem
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
radleey
Labourer
Labourer

Bathroom Ceiling Extractor Fan Problem

by radleey » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:05 pm

My bathroom started to fill with steam when having a bath or shower. I assumed this was a problem with the manrose ceiling extractor fan, so I installed a new one. The fan works fine and I have tested it using the toilet tissue test and it holds up the toilet tissue fine, so I know that the fan is working. Unfortunately the steam problem persists and even though the extractor fan is functioning, it doesn't seen to extract the air. I am trying to find out f the external extractor on the outside wall is blocked (the internal fan goes into the ceiling and 10mm pipe is lined to the outside wall. Any ideas would be appreciated.

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

by collectors » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:14 am

There are so many variables relating to condensation/steam in bathrooms. This will start with the construction of the building to even which way your bathroom is facing. But unfortunately it needs good heat & good ventilation flow. So even if you have a good fan, it will not work to the best efficiency unless it has a fresh supply of air coming in from somewhere on the opposite side of the room to where the fan is mounted. (Ideally a vent in the bathroom door at low level & a fan on the opposite side of the room.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:11 am