Bathroom Electrics Quandry
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Cell01
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bathroom Electrics Quandry

by Cell01 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:48 pm

I have a large bathroom so want to put my washer and dryer in there, but obviously the electrics are the problem. I've been advised that by building them into a cupboard it's effectively a different room so i can put a socket in there. So far so good.

My questions are:

1) As the dryer is a condensor dryer and produces a certain amount of condensation I'm planning on a vented door to the cupboard so does that mean it's no longer classed as a 'separate room'?

2) Not happy at thought of said condensation so can I isolate the electrics further in any way?

Creative input much appreciated!

Many Thanks,
Chris.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:49 pm

Hi, although it 'goes against the grain' for a sparky to have anything electrical in a bath room the regs do allow for it if certain rules followed.
Ideally flex through wall to socket outside room altogether!
Or wire to a fused spur for each appliance out side zones 1,2 or3.
Or as you say in a 'place only accessible by use of a tool' [which can be a key to a door]. This is the reg. that allows for pumps etc. to be behind bath panel! Whichever option used then must be on RCD circuit or RCD sockets or RCD fused Connection unit {fused spurs}.
regards SPARX

Cell01
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Cell01 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:31 am

That's great sparx, thanks for the advice.

C

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:54 am