Bathroom Extractor fan Stopped Working After Working in Loft
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
keithdc
Labourer
Labourer

Bathroom Extractor fan Stopped Working After Working in Loft

by keithdc » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:52 pm

Hi,

Our bathroom extractor fan stopped working a week or so again. There is a potential that it was linked with me messing around in the loft removing old loft insulation.

The fan previously turned on when the bathroom lights were turned on (4 downlights- all working normally).

Anyway, so far I have done the following:
- Replaced extractor fan and transformer- essentially like-for-like- same wattage/ size etc etc.
The only slight oddity is that I purchased an extractor fan with a timer, but noticed only afterwards that I seem to have a fan without a timer and a timer transformer (does this matter??)
- Turned the isolator switch on and off.
- Changed the fuse in a fused switch above the bathroom door.
- Inspected in the loft- no obvious loose wiring.

The urgency is that our loft is being insulated/ boarded on Wednesday, which will make the whole process more complicated

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Bathroom Extractor fan Stopped Working After Working in Loft

by Mr White » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:51 pm

Your fan is not working after you were "messing around in the loft"
I would suggest you call a competent person in to check it for you, as you seem to have (Pointlessly) changed parts which did not need changing, when all you need is a multimeter and the skill and knowledge of how to use one to find the problem.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:45 pm