Bathroom illuminated mirror wiring query
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Superfrank
Labourer
Labourer

Bathroom illuminated mirror wiring query

by Superfrank » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:39 am

Hi there, I have a bathroom mirror that I need to wire in. There is already an outlet from the wall - a white sheath containing 4 wires - 1 brown, 1 yellow/green, 1 black and one white (which has been terminated).

The mirror has a 3 way connecting block with a brown, yellow, and blue wire.

I figured that the brown goes to brown, the yellow to yellow/green and then one end is connected to an earth point on the metal backframe and the blue to black. This leaves the white from the wall terminated.

However this does not work.

Can somebody help me please?

chriscba
Ganger
Ganger

by chriscba » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:30 pm

The other end of the cable has proberly been spured from a light fitting or switch in the bathroom & has been disconected, remove fittings & check, make sure connect the same i.e. live to red or brown, neutral to black or blue.

Superfrank
Labourer
Labourer

by Superfrank » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:45 pm

Thanks for the response. Yes it was all working fine before. I moved away from the property for a year and disconnected the mirror as I was renting it out, and I did not plan on coming back there!

So the connections I have described - are they correct?

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Is it a yellow core cable on the mirror or an earth terminal.
Are the terminals marked up
ie
Live, neutral, earth,
It's a strange configuration of cables you have brown, black, white and an earth.

Is this a UK posting?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:40 am