Bathroom Plasterwork Bulges Around Window
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Turin74
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bathroom Plasterwork Bulges Around Window

Post by Turin74 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:40 am

Hi,
I moved into property few years ago and in the bathroom it looks like some of the plaster work around the window has bulged. Its been going on for some time and would like to get it sorted
An unrelated engineer did not believe it was water damage as theres no water near it and the walls dont get that damp it may of been trapped air
I'm hoping its a small fix but i dont know where to start or who i would contact (picture attached)
Any ideas/help
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Bathroom Plasterwork Bulges Around Window

Post by collectors » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:30 am

From the picture it looks like the conce beeding is going rusty, which is not uncommon in a damp area. Best bet is to get a screwdriver or scraper & lift the bulging plaster off & see whats underneath. It would have to be done whatever happens.

Turin74
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Bathroom Plasterwork Bulges Around Window

Post by Turin74 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:33 pm

Hi,
Spoke to a plasterer at a local DIY store who suggested it was not urgent but i intend on getting it fixed as it looks awful
Believes it was caused by someone leaning against the cardboard edges.
Has suggested cutting out section and free hand plaster replacement (I'll get a professional) Or staple gun with filler over it - i prefer the 1st one
Thanks

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:35 pm