baxi boiler overheating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dotty
Labourer
Labourer

baxi boiler overheating

Post by dotty » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:59 pm

Hi

The overheat light on my baxi combi boiler comes on after 30 - 40 mins. Does the PCB need replacing? or what else could be the problem?

all the rads get hot, top and bottom
Nothing comes out of the blow off pipe
pump works

plastic_man77
Ganger
Ganger

Post by plastic_man77 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:02 pm

Hi Dotty.

Not enough information I'm afraid.

What Baxi combi model do you have?

Does the boiler reset itself and work after an incident or do you have to physically do something to get it to work?

How many radiators have you got and what type of property do you live in? Just wondering if it may only take 30-40 mins for the system to get up to the required temperature?

Are the radiators hotter to the touch than normal?

Can you change the time it takes to "fault" by adjusting the heating thermostat? For instance, if you turn the stat down low, will it happen sooner? Altenatively, does turning the stat up to maximum mean it takes much longer to "fault."

When it "over-heats," do you hear any bumping and banging or a sound like a kettle boiling?

Do you have the manufacturer's instructions? If you don't, look for a copy online. If you have a copy, make sure you understand all LEDs, lights and the functionality of your boiler and also have a look through the troubleshooting section if necessary.

If you're still none the wiser and don't feel confident or aren't legally competent to carry out tests on your boiler, my advice is to call a registered gas installer.

RJR

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1