baxi solo 2 occasional bang
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
onimpulse
Labourer
Labourer

baxi solo 2 occasional bang

by onimpulse » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:05 pm

my baxi solo has a mid position valve fitted ! the room stat is set to operate early morning and late evening. the hot water stat is timed to operate earlier in the morning than the cent heat. and late afternoon again earlier than the cent heat.... during the cent heat cycle their never seems to be a problem. but occasionally during the night as the boiler starts to heat the water i hear a bang ! as though the the gas is ignited a little late causing a small explosion.. i am not in on the aft. cycle so am not sure what happens .any ideas please?

eggers
Ganger
Ganger

by eggers » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:41 pm

does the boiler start with a bang or does it start to bang later on?

onimpulse
Labourer
Labourer

by onimpulse » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:48 pm

eggers wrote:does the boiler start with a bang or does it start to bang later on?
hi, the boiler starts with a bang

eggers
Ganger
Ganger

by eggers » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:42 pm

oops, sorry i thought you meant the HE baxi solo, they bang all the time because of poor electrode design :oops:
hmmmm, well, when was it last serviced?
i don't think it would be a problem with the pilot, like a blockage or anything like that. I don't think it would be a pcb fault as the solo 2's light the pilot first then go to main burner.
it could be a gas valve fault, lighting at a higher rate or possibly a crack in the burner.

onimpulse
Labourer
Labourer

by onimpulse » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:54 pm

eggers wrote:oops, sorry i thought you meant the HE baxi solo, they bang all the time because of poor electrode design :oops:
hmmmm, well, when was it last serviced?
i don't think it would be a problem with the pilot, like a blockage or anything like that. I don't think it would be a pcb fault as the solo 2's light the pilot first then go to main burner.
it could be a gas valve fault, lighting at a higher rate or possibly a crack in the burner.
hi thanks ,the boiler was serviced in january . i will get him to come back and have a look! will let you know ... thanks again

eggers
Ganger
Ganger

by eggers » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:29 pm

please do send a reply, i would be curious to know what the fault was, just in case i come across this fault too

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:43 pm

It could just be a dirty pilot or burner, if the pilot flame is small and not close enough to the burner you may get explosive ignition. Same will happen if the pilot is fine and the burner is partially blocked.

htg

onimpulse
Labourer
Labourer

by onimpulse » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:17 am

eggers wrote:please do send a reply, i would be curious to know what the fault was, just in case i come across this fault too
i wll do that and thanks for your input !

eggers
Ganger
Ganger

by eggers » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:34 pm

htg engineer wrote:It could just be a dirty pilot or burner, if the pilot flame is small and not close enough to the burner you may get explosive ignition. Same will happen if the pilot is fine and the burner is partially blocked.

htg

yeah that's true, but i have not really had that issue with the solo's personally, usually i find that a common problem with the Glowworm Ultimate's

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1