Baxi Solo 3 Cycling On and Off and Radiators Taking Hours to Heat
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
neil108
Labourer
Labourer

Baxi Solo 3 Cycling On and Off and Radiators Taking Hours to Heat

by neil108 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:14 pm

Hi All,
I hope someone can help, I have BG coming out on thursday, but would appreciate a little idea of what may or may not be going on with my central heating system.

I was having trouble getting the downstair radiator hot, I have read up and now balanced the heating system and am getting some sort of heat in the radiators with approx 11deg between in and out, but it is taking 4 hours to even get any sort of decent heat in all the rads.

I have added a cleaner into the system which is currently working it's magic, allthough the water that came out of the system on the drain down was pretty clear, no black muck, but we'll see what the cleaner turns up.

I have also installed a larger Grandfos Alpha 2 15-60 pump onto the system and it is on the 3rd setting. This seems to be pushing around the water quite happily. Hot water seems ok.

What I have noticed is that the boiler is coming on for 1 min 30 secs then going off for 55 seconds and then firing up for 1 min 30 secs and then going off for 55 seconds and so on. All radiators will turn on depending on which ones I turn off and when hot they are fairly equal heat from top to bottom, and if i turn off upstairs downstairs gets very hot and vice versa, so I am happy the pump is circulating ok.

One thing the BG man pointed out last year was he could put a magnet on the air seperator (hence the cleaner)

Thanks in advance for your advice.

JayBee2019
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Baxi Solo 3 Cycling On and Off and Radiators Taking Hours to Heat

by JayBee2019 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:48 pm

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem that you have described but no resolution after a visit by my usual heating engineer. Did you establish the cause?
Many thanks

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1