Bedding yes or no in Trench for Summer House
Drainage pipes, concrete, footings and foundations. Post your questions and find answers here

bedede
Labourer
Labourer

Bedding yes or no in Trench for Summer House

by bedede » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:46 pm

Hello, I have dug a trench for a forth coming Summer House. Trench is 28m long and at right depth for services, ready to fill back in and wondering do I need to use any bedding. The pipe is flexible hdpe pipe and then an armour cable above, all spaced and taped, so I presume bedding is to stop deformation or abrasion than support.

I am wondering if it necessary on a domestic project, where there will be no heavy impact or traffic. The soil is very good and reasonably sandy, and I can filter it to remove any odd bits of glass etc. Regards deformation, it is pretty tough stuff and I feel it would not deform under load from the backfill alone.

A 28m run of backfill would be costly and I would need to move it all by hand through the house to back garden, so I would prefer not to, that said I dont want to cut corners, but in this instance I feel that I could get away without a bedding, but worth getting opinions, I don't want to dig again by hand. Thanks

It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:58 am