Bedroom fan/light
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Gary Whalley
Labourer
Labourer

Bedroom fan/light

by Gary Whalley » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:27 pm

Help somebody,
I have purchased a ceiling fan/light (great idea) when i removed the ceiling rose I found a rail system with eight (yes eight) wires fitted,When I examined new ceiling fan/light they had only four connections to wire up, two lives, one for light and one for fan, now heres my dilema which lives shall i use to connect up? seen as i have (1 brown,1 black and red,3 reds,2 blacks and 1 blue (I can feel a headache comming on again).
I have secured fan to ceiling by screwing into joist in loft and have wired up fan/light best I could, but eigth into four is a tight squeeze, now fan works, light works, but when I turn light off by switch on wall my back bedroom lights go out (not good) so I need help badly to understand where to put the wires and get my upstairs lights working again.
So could someone please help me and stop the wife thinking she married a total chump.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:55 pm

Go to the oprojects section on the link above and look for electrical, changinga light fitting. Once you know how a light circuit works you can work out which wires go where

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:27 am