Before you Start, Avoid Cowboy Builders
Tips, tricks and information on how to spot rogue and cowboy builders and also a platform for you to post and warn others of cowboy builders you may have encountered and help to spread the word of their dodgy dealings

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
michaelscad
Tradesman
Tradesman

Before you Start, Avoid Cowboy Builders

by michaelscad » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:13 pm

how to deal with cowboy builders never give a deposit or pay up front fo materials
tell em your brothersan architect and he'll check the work and if he isn't you aint paying

MrMRodes
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Before you Start, Avoid Cowboy Builders

by MrMRodes » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:27 pm

I personally would recommend that before looking into hiring any kind of builder or tradesperson, do your homework! Countless time people just hire any old builder because his business appears to look reliable, only to find that he cannot do the job intended.For those of you who decide to put a deposit down first or pay for the job in full before any work occurs (both not advised!!), you could end up out of pocket quite a bit.

However, thanks to the internet, all of these problems are no more. Trustworthy directories exist that means you know that the builder or trader you are hiring is going to do a good job. Sites like TrustATrader, Check a Trade, Plentific etc.... employ strict vetting processes that mean that whatever trader you find, you know you can trust them.

I would use these types of sites every time before looking to have someone come into my home to carry out work.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:25 pm