Beko Fridge Freezer Problems After Voltage Surge
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DaveAdej
Labourer
Labourer

Beko Fridge Freezer Problems After Voltage Surge

by DaveAdej » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:56 pm

A voltage surge in my house hit my BEKO GNE V320 American Fridge freezer and the control panel died. The light still comes on inside the fridge and freezer compartments but the cooling especially in the freezer compartment has significantly reduced. What is the likely fault and the solution? I suspect Control Panel damage. If it is, how do I locate it and how do I get a correct replacement without trial and error. I saw so many panels online but find it difficult to identify the correct panel and their is no match with Fridge model number

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Beko Fridge Freezer Problems After Voltage Surge

by ericmark » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:02 pm

I assume you have simply tried to reset freezer to -18 and fridge to +4? As it may have revered to some default setting.

Also have to tested to see how much power it is taking? It should use 525 kWh/annum that can likely go to 600 kWh/annum as it gets older, so looking at around 150 Wh/day plugging into an energy meter if it is using more that 160 Wh/day then either it has lost gas, or insulation has failed.

I had it with a Hoover fridge/freezer, while it was running it seemed A1, but once it was stopped it never seemed to cool down again, and I realised the motor never seemed to stop, that one insulation gone.

With another it was thermostat gone it was getting too cold, if the sensor is recording wrong then it could seem to be over temp when really under temp, -18 is freezing point of brine, so dish of saturated salt water if it freezes OK if not then not cold enough.

Buying bits before you know if lost gas, insulation failure, or control failure seems daft, and easy test is plug in energy meter, if warmer than it should be and using 140 Wh/day then likely a control panel.

If insulation often doing a long defrost will get it working again, if I transferred all food and left defrost for a day or more, then the water frozen within the insulation would melt and run out, switching on again it worked OK until ice in insulation built up again.

DaveAdej
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Beko Fridge Freezer Problems After Voltage Surge

by DaveAdej » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:14 pm

Thanks for the reply but my problem with the fridge is that after the voltage surge, the front control panel on the freezer compartment door is DEAD. It does not come on again. Its only the inside lights that are on but the fridge/freezer has stopped cooling. Is it a control panel fault or a compressor fault? I am thinking of buying a replacement control panel but I dont even know where it ios located in the in the fridge

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:18 pm