Belling IDW450 Dishwasher Fault With Smell, no Power and not Heating Water
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
anothersmith
Labourer
Labourer

Belling IDW450 Dishwasher Fault With Smell, no Power and not Heating Water

Post by anothersmith » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:34 pm

Belling IDW450. Strong smell of burning near end of cycle but finished fine. Next use, smell started after 10 mins and dishwasher completely stopped working after another couple of minutes. Wouldn't even power on so I assumed issue with PCB. Tried to switch on following day and still nothing. Kitchen socket tested OK. Removed dishwasher to investigate a few days later. Plugged in again in garage just to check and it switched on fine.
Ran a test cycle and it completed but did not heat the water at all. No smell of burning. Removed sides and everything looked OK apart from a collection of brown gunk/ fat? See photo.
I'm feeling a trip to the tip coming on but wondered if anyone might be able to shed some light on what had happened. Specifically what part the brown gunk is in and if that could be the cause. I hate binning things if they can be fixed but I think parts for this model are pretty much obsolete. Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:20 am