Best Colour for Furniture for Living Room Remodel
Your comments on how to design the perfect home - And help others do it !

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
GettingThere
Labourer
Labourer

Best Colour for Furniture for Living Room Remodel

Post by GettingThere » Wed May 25, 2016 6:28 am

I am doing a complete remodel of my living room by changing the pain, curtains and furniture. I have shifted the old furniture to the hall upstairs which I am turning to a home theater and I need new furniture for the living room. I am going for grey color scheme for the room so which color furniture would go best with the color?

kaleem_kk
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Best Colour for Furniture for Living Room Remodel

Post by kaleem_kk » Tue May 31, 2016 10:28 am

You want to use gray colour for your room so any dark color furniture would be good.

rachi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by rachi » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:23 am

If your colour theme is gray then colours like Gold, Dark brown , Black, Purple would do best.

natashamalhotra
Labourer
Labourer

Post by natashamalhotra » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:32 am

When I decided to go for a gray colour scheme while renovating my old apartment, I consulted an interior designing firm, Nitido designs, who advised me to go for dark brown furniture with white upholstery...n the results were amazing! Will upload pics later.

NathalieMartin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by NathalieMartin » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:09 am

GettingThere wrote:I am doing a complete remodel of my living room by changing the pain, curtains and furniture. I have shifted the old furniture to the hall upstairs which I am turning to a home theater and I need new furniture for the living room. I am going for grey color scheme for the room so which color furniture would go best with the color?
Hi there, as soon as I saw that 'grey color scheme' I thought that one of the best options (at least for the chairs) is some of the Kartell chairs in chrome. My cousin has these chairs in chrome colour and it looks extremely stylish. I am thinking to get some when I will be re-decorating my living room, but I will go with the golden colour option. You can buy them online with free delivery if you are in the UK as well. We ordered for my cousin from the site below, also you can see the colour options. I hope this helps ;)

Moderator note: No free advertising

lovefurnitureuk
Labourer
Labourer

Post by lovefurnitureuk » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:16 pm

I think a two tone grey would work well. A feature wall with a dark grey followed by lighter surrounding walls works well. Finish the look with berry and gold accessories to add warmth to the room.

We have found that grey painted furniture with oak tops is the in thing this year and it's a colour you can't go wrong with.

May x

josbuttler
Labourer
Labourer

Post by josbuttler » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:08 am

Best color to choose with gray is Dark brown. I have used this combination in my living room and it looks amazing. You can also select any of dark colors(for your furniture with gray.

arthur.k09
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by arthur.k09 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:13 am

Congratulations on doing a complete renovation. We recommend considering the cream coloured sofas or alternatively make a bold statement with a powerful accent colour sofa fabric. It will create a strong focal point within your design.
Interiors remain incomplete without cushions so use patterned fabrics and robust colours to add decorative accents that contrast with the sofa fabric and do not blend in.

eladesign
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by eladesign » Mon May 13, 2019 8:43 am

Dark brown would look good with grey. Don't forget to add some bright colors

Jolie9
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Jolie9 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:41 am

If you use grey colour the best option for furniture are dark colours. I would go for black, dark brown or even very dark grey. Maybe you should make a visualisation and see what fits the best. To make your room cosy use also some decorations in more vivid colours.

Dr. Strange
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by Dr. Strange » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:53 pm

GettingThere wrote:I am doing a complete remodel of my living room by changing the pain, curtains and furniture. I have shifted the old furniture to the hall upstairs which I am turning to a home theater and I need new furniture for the living room. I am going for grey color scheme for the room so which color furniture would go best with the color?

Cherry Oak is the color I would suggest to you.

robshort18
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by robshort18 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:35 am

If it's a grey room, I reckon silver crushed velvet would look ace for the sofa...

joharinteriors
Labourer
Labourer

Post by joharinteriors » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:18 pm

Dark brown with grey will look very nice.

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:39 am