Best Way to Fix Leak and Drop in Guttering
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
ajf214
Labourer
Labourer

Best Way to Fix Leak and Drop in Guttering

Post by ajf214 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:27 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if any one on here might have an idea of the best way to deal with this section of roof. The gutter over the leaking roof does not drain away properly as it has dropped slightly, so it leans away from the drain pipe around the corner. So firstly I will most likely have to attach a new gutter and make sure that it drains properly.

However, the main roof also slants down onto the section of leaking roof, which then leads onto a flat roof (old hotel, bad design). I was wondering if there is anything that can be done to help the water leave the flat roof and hopefully prevent further leaking.

Also I think the tiles might be slightly damaged, but I'm not sure how badly and if so how many of them would need to be replaced.

Internally, I'm not sure if the wood has now deteriorated too much, or if it will be ok to fix the leak from the outside?

I've attached a couple of photos.

I'm really not sure where to start with this, I've done some DIY but never repaired a leaking roof, so any tips or advice would be hugely appreciated!

A :)

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/how- ... z6bAZLMrU9
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:29 am