Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
RobbyGraham
Labourer
Labourer

Bio-waste removal from long standing leak - subfloor

by RobbyGraham » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:54 pm

Hi,

New to the forum at my wits end. Had a smell in the house for a while now, finally found the source by ripping up floors in kitchen then bathroom... been the sink and dishwasher leaking strident into sub floor and been captured by the ground Sheet. Properly stagnant a really disgusting job clearing it out today.

I got most abs will go again tomorrow. Have been advised to remove all ground sheets and as much material as possible from down there. Problem is the network of pipes etc and the ground sheet is pinned to sub floor, and I don’t think I can risk tugging at them without pulling pipes free. Also, haven’t got full access, only an access hatch as a wall stands over the area.

Question is if I can’t remove the ground sheet are the any other options? If I get 99% of the offending material will the sheet still kick up a drink. Is there a way to eradicate it? It’s disgusting but I’m glad I’ve found the issue, been a long time problem and nothing worse than a smell in the house.

Another question is what about the waste? I phoned encircle an but they don’t pick up. What to do with borderline biohazard material?

Thanks in advance for any help, really specific problem and not even sure who I should be calling to sort so onus is on me.

R
Attachments
7A86CA6D-B446-4626-B21D-DF4F09442C20.jpeg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Bio-waste removal from long standing leak - subfloor

by stoneyboy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:04 pm

Hi robbygraham
Not sure what you mean by ‘ground sheet’. If it’s a waterproof covering you could wash the residues into local areas and suck out using an industrial vacuum cleaner.
If you have a garden bury the material removed in a hole.
Regards S

RobbyGraham
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Bio-waste removal from long standing leak - subfloor

by RobbyGraham » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:18 am

Thank you mate.

It’s all ran down into another area so no avoiding ripping the bathroom out to remove the lot. Basically start again.

Not enough top soil to bury but found a waste Compsny who will take it.

Cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:56 pm