Blocked Toilet
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
max5445
Apprentice
Apprentice

Blocked Toilet

by max5445 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:49 pm

I recently had an extension built, and the kitchen drain is now on the inside of the extension. The drain is still in use, however it has now been tiled over. A week after it was tiled over my toilet appeared to be blocked, i cleared the blockage (well i thought i did) until another week later it was blocked again. I have spoken to a collegue of mine who thinks it might have something to do with the kitchen drain being covered (no air!!). I have been outside to look at the main sewage pipe there does not seem to be anything blocked there. I would be grateful if anyone could advise me on whether the problem could be the kitchen drain. Many thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:23 pm

max5445,
I doubt it would have anything to do with sealing the kitchen drain. If you wanted to check remove the toilet and fit a replacement pan adaptor which has a side tapping for fitting a durgo valve. You can also check at the same time whether there is anything blocking the pipe out of the toilet.
I don't suppose you have a syphonic toilet?
end

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:26 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:54 pm