Boiler timer won't provide independent heating/hot water - Drayton LP722 British Gas UP2
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jellon
Labourer
Labourer

Boiler timer won't provide independent heating/hot water - Drayton LP722 British Gas UP2

by jellon » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:28 pm

Hi,

Basically, when I switch on heating, the timer is switching on both heating and hot water (to a tank). Both lights come on.

Oddly - I can switch on hot water independently - without triggering the heating.

I have taken off the timer and ensured it is switched to Independent control and Gravity system. Also the 3 way valve, heater thermostat and heating pump are all functioning as they should.

I have seen posts that suggest poor contact with the wall plate could cause issues like this - it is a much older back plate.

Does anyone have any other suggestions, or know of this issue?

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Boiler timer won't provide independent heating/hot water - Drayton LP722 British Gas UP2

by ericmark » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:41 pm

Three port valve not normal used with gravity system. With gravity normally you can have DHW in it's own, but not CH on it's own. Called C Plan.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1