Boiler was condemned but under strange circumstances - does anything look wrong from this picture?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
marblepipes
Labourer
Labourer

Boiler was condemned but under strange circumstances - does anything look wrong from this picture?

by marblepipes » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:08 pm

Back a year ago we had an oven with a stove fitted. The person who did this decided to condemn our boiler and told us that there's a risk that hot water might spray out and so wasn't safe to use. He offered us expensive work that would alleviate this but we thought he was trying to make work for himself. Some time later a builder picked up on the issue and said that all we'd need was a condenser/condensator (my memory is hazy) - he didn't look inside the boiler, he said this after a quick look at the outside so I think it's a real problem that could be alleviated at little cost but I'd just like to get an expert's opinion.

From this picture, does anything look awry? The only pipe I can see that could expel hot water would be the boiler drainage pipe in the event that the valve was open and the pressure was high so I can see the benefit (building standards-wise) of having an s-shaped tube to act as a sort of reservoir.

Thanks.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Boiler was condemned but under strange circumstances - does anything look wrong from this picture?

by stoneyboy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:11 pm

Hi marblepipes
Suggest you get a Gassafe engineer in to check things over, it is difficult to advise on the basis of your picture.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1