Boiler won't fire up for heating or hot water
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
895cris
Labourer
Labourer

Boiler won't fire up for heating or hot water

Post by 895cris » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:07 am

Hi, A couple of weeks ago our Stelrad group ideal mexico super rs40/60 stopped working (was no rush to fix as we've an immersion heater and electric shower). The controller is a Danfoss 102E5 with no room themostat. The boiler wouldn't turn on when on the timer, press 1 hour+ or the advance buttons, you couldn't even switch it to on. I was hoping it was the controller and I could just swap it over. But today as I walked past it I noticed that the time display on the controller had gone (must have been on battery for last two weeks) I've checked the fuse in the switch to the side of the controller and changed it for a known good one but still no joy.
Anyone with any suggestions/ideas..

Many Thanks Cris.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:02 pm

The logical first step is to check if either the original or new fuses are working. You could now have two blown fuses or two good fuses!

If the new fuse is blown, I would suggest checking all the parts of the system where water and electrics meet such as pump, boiler and valves.

For further diagnostics, really a bit more info is needed as we could dart off in several directions.

895cris
Labourer
Labourer

Post by 895cris » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:23 am

Cheers for reply plumbbob

It's all sorted now, the controller was at fault.
Bought a danfoss 102 of fleabay for 99p (well worth the risk I thought) fitted it in seconds and boiler fired up no problems.

Cheers Cris.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1