Bonding Marble Travertine to Swimming Pool Lining?
Fillers, sealants and adhesives for all types of DIY work. Help, advice and information on all aspects of this subject

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
loruana
Labourer
Labourer

Bonding Marble Travertine to Swimming Pool Lining?

by loruana » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:32 pm

Hi, can anyone pls suggest a suitable bonding agent to stick large marble travertine tiles (20mm thick) vertically to a pool wall lined with vinyl liner? The travertine will be supported from beneath by a concrete step taking much of the weight, so the glue / bonding agent will not need to support the (shear) weight of the marble...just needs to keep it attached to the wall. Pool is filled with chlorinated water and approx. 1/2 of the travertine will be below the water line. Grateful if anyone has any thoughts? I've added a photo showing the travertine patio and the vertical step with white & grey pool liner over which I want to stick the travertine. Thanks alot.
Attachments
IMG_20160314_121130.jpg

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Bonding Marble Travertine to Swimming Pool Lining?

by welsh brickie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:35 pm

I would paint flexacryl on the liner edge first, then when its set, use tile grout and bed the travertine down

loruana
Labourer
Labourer

by loruana » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:55 pm

Ok thanks, what does the flexacryl do / what's it for?

The pool guys said I could try Ketamine with Isolastic or Kerabond but i've no experience of either solutions tbh.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by welsh brickie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:01 pm

flexacryl is used for repairs to roofs and will bond to virtually anything, have not used the other products so cant comment on them

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:24 am