BOSCH PSB1800 Flashes 3 Times Help Needed

Postby Skyl » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:08 pm

Hello,

I have a Bosch PSB 1800 LI-2 since January 2017 bought on amazon. It started to doing something strange, it flashes all the 4 leds (3x battery level plus the lantern led) all at once, three times occasionally after press and hold the trigger, it does this on all the modes and forces and do nothing other than flashing the 3 times, after try pressing the trigger a few times it runs perfectly with the same power as when it was brand new, and only do it again after a few minutes with no use.
Batteries are fully charged, and it is not used everyday, just for bricolage here and there. What can it be? Should I ask amazon for warranty or is there anything I can do to fix it?

Here is a video that I recorded just now showing the issue

https://youtu.be/VVliALBn_VQ

Thanks
Skyl
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby TimoS » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:40 pm

Skyl wrote:Hello,

I have a Bosch PSB 1800 LI-2 since January 2017 bought on amazon. It started to doing something strange, it flashes all the 4 leds (3x battery level plus the lantern led) all at once, three times occasionally after press and hold the trigger, it does this on all the modes and forces and do nothing other than flashing the 3 times, after try pressing the trigger a few times it runs perfectly with the same power as when it was brand new, and only do it again after a few minutes with no use.
Batteries are fully charged, and it is not used everyday, just for bricolage here and there. What can it be? Should I ask noamazon for warranty or is there anything I can do to fix it?

Here is a video that I recorded just now showing the issue

https://youtu.be/VVliALBn_VQ

Thanks

Iv no experience with that model but i spent many years selling DIY Bosch ( you might as well buy cheap black and decker because there is 0 quality) Normally torch Light comes on and stays on Anyways when trigger is pressed and battery level indicator Should also flash once when trigger is pressed ( unless battery has a separate button to check charge) also does your actual charger has indication lights what are showing fully charged, charging, faulty battery etc? If yes, then check with charger first.
TimoS
Progress to next rank:
5.3%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!