Building a wooden structure to keep an indoor pool table in the garden
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Oldmasterjds
Labourer
Labourer

Building a wooden structure to keep an indoor pool table in the garden

by Oldmasterjds » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:56 pm

Hi
I know this sounds ridiculous as it’s an indoor table but I have no choice but to leave it in the garden for a few months!
Somehow I need to build a structure around it which will keep the weather out whilst also being able to remove it so it can be used.
I have a table saw and I’m an ok DIY’er but this is the biggest ask yet, and the misses is looking forward to seeing it fail so the table can be tipped.
Obviously it will be under attack from damp, cold and warm conditions but I really want it to work. I thought about marine ply but it’s really expensive although if I have to get it I will. Table is 135cm by 242cm by 85cm high.
I would also like to be able to move it if possible so either a pool trolley or casters.
Any constructive thoughts would be most welcome, and yes I know I’m an idiot!!
Thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Building a wooden structure to keep an indoor pool table in the garden

by stoneyboy » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:48 pm

Hi oldmasterjds
It will cost a small fortune to build your own store so I suggest you search on line for a secondhand shed.
For moving, get two long timbers, fit castors at one end and fix to the legs of the table, You'll end up with something like a 2 wheeled wheel barrow.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:22 pm