Burco hot water boiler
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
alanheath1
Labourer
Labourer

Burco hot water boiler

Post by alanheath1 » Sun May 24, 2009 6:27 am

I have recently installed a Burco Wall Mounted Autofill hot water boiler & cannot get rid of an unusual taste. The unit is plumbed into the existing water main using the food safe flexible plastic pipe supplied with the unit. The taste is similar to chlorine & does not appear when using a normal kettle. The manufacturer has advised to follow the descaling routine in the manual even though this unit is new. I have carried out this procedure twicw now and still have the problem. Can you help??

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Wed May 27, 2009 7:29 pm

It has to be something used during the manufacturing process of the boiler.

If it doesn't clear up after a few days/flushes I would send it back. Try another one or a different make.

htg

alanheath1
Labourer
Labourer

Post by alanheath1 » Sat May 30, 2009 7:06 am

Due to a lack of response from Burco, we have revisited the installation and found that the only variable betwee the tap water & the boiler water was the flexible plastic pipe supplied with the boiler for connecting to the water supply. Water directly from this before entering the boiler had a distinctly different taste to water from the tap. This pipe has been discarded and copper/stainless steel flexi used. The problem has now been resiolved.

diydaveh
Apprentice
Apprentice

Burcpo Hot Water boiler: strange taste

Post by diydaveh » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:34 pm

It's a fact that in some areas of the country, certain plastics and rubber compounds will leach chemicals into the water, producing an unacceptable odour or taste. If anyone else has this problem, I suggest that if there are any rubber washers in the connection to the water supply, you replace them with some sourced from a local plumber's merchant, who may be able to advise you further. Then try replacing the plastic pipe, which is what alanheath1 did.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:19 pm