Bury Drain Pipe for Drainage for Paved Garden Area
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3mustgetbeers
Labourer
Labourer

Bury Drain Pipe for Drainage for Paved Garden Area

by 3mustgetbeers » Wed May 17, 2017 8:14 pm

Hi all,

I am looking to pave my small front garden with slate slabs and want to get the drainage right. Currently, there is a drainpipe which ends approx 20cms from the ground next the front door into a channel formed into the concrete base. This runs approx 3m adjacent to the path emptying through a missing half brick in the wall. Its the same all the way up the street. (Picture attached)

Before laying the paving, I want to put this right; I don't want discolouring on the paving I am about to lay and down want water bouncing back against the house. I plan on extending the downspout into a right angle beneath ground. It will still discharge through the missing brick but I plan on installing a grid (hopper type) next to the wall for surface run off.

What is the best way to do this? Can I literally put more 67mm drain pipe in or should it go into soil pipe as it is beneath the surface? If the latter, any ideas on a reducing fitting? Also, any ideas on the best way to install it - as in should a use anything to shield the pipe? Concrete it in? Paving will be going on top of it, is this a concern on how deep it should be?

Cheers

Andy
Attachments
Untitled.jpg

It is currently Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:30 am