Buying integrated washer/dryer. Any tips on installing?
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pinotnoir
Labourer
Labourer

Buying integrated washer/dryer. Any tips on installing?

by pinotnoir » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:08 pm

Hi guys. I'm moving into a new flat in 2 weeks. The current owners have an integrated Siemens WDi 1442 washer dryer. They are taking it with them. I'm going to buy the same model new (seems a good washer dryer) but the delivery guys won't install. I'm not the best DIY guy so do you think they are easy to fit or is it best to get someone that knows what they are doing to install it? Alternatively, the sellers of the property are "offering" to sell it to me for £800 (only bought it recently) which is about £20 quid less than a new purchase price but saves on the installation. Any views out there? Cheers.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:18 pm

Hi 2 weeks having gone by you've probably sorted this but anyway......

It should be a like for like replacement. Just connect the cold feed hose to the cold connector, put the waste hose down the upstand wastepipe and plug it in.

It just needs connecting - not really installation.

Cheers

Oh and if yoiu are buying anew one - DONT buy the additional warranty they'll try and sell you. Total waste of money!!

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:32 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:20 am