Cable Provided With Neff Induction hob
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Bogart
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cable Provided With Neff Induction hob

by Bogart » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:49 am

Have purchased a new Neff induction hob. Total rating of rings is around 15kw but hob self limits itself to 11kw maximum. Probably it will never have to supply11kw at any instant but nevertheless is a possibility that could happen.
My question is about the 2 cables provided to connect the hob to suitable single or three phase supply.
The single phase cable is a 3x 2.5mm2 cable and the three phase cable is a 5x 1.5mm2 cable.
Both in my mind are woefully small in csa.
The 11kw amounts to around 48 amps maximum. To my mind on the limit for 3 x 1.5mm2 for the three phase cable and definitely small for the single 2.5mm2 on the single phase cable.
Am I missing something?

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Cable Provided With Neff Induction hob

by ericmark » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:54 am

2.5 mm sq thermal setting i.e. 90 deg C with installation method C has a far higher current rating than thermal plastic cable 70 deg C with installation method 100.

In the main we use a 32A MCB for cookers, so even if cooker can take 48 amp (that is rating of my stand alone cooker) it will take that current for such a short time it will not trip a 32A MCB.

So in my case a 4 mm sq thermal plastic is ample, personally would not use 2.5 mm sq but thermal setting likely it is within the limit see this http://www.batt.co.uk/upload/files/n2xh ... 129193.pdf web site as an example which shows rated at 32 amp.

So it all depends on what cable and what installation method is used.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:27 am