CALL FOR ERICMARK
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
TOPSPARK
Ganger
Ganger

CALL FOR ERICMARK

by TOPSPARK » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:18 pm

GOOD DAY ERIC
After reading your last post on my post to ladaman348 im a bit concerned that you are going to leave the site and not advise . As BLAKEY1963 say you are a good source of information snd have given help to so many who are not as knowledgeable as yourself . so i ask you to please reconsider your decision and read what i have said most recent on the ladaman348 post about the safety of not just the general public but the safety of us tradesmen out there where if one is a little slapdash and something happens then the whole lot of us get tarred with the same brush. I hope for the sake of us who comment and help on this site you reconsider as even the ones who have a vast knowledge there is always more to learn form people like your good self
Best Regards
Topspark

ericmark

by ericmark » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:45 am

BLAKEY1963 has boosted my ego so much I could do nothing but return to the fold I was being a little childish I suppose anyway.
I have seen no reply off ladaman348 which is a pity but Omar Kiam I think wrote the moving finger writes and having writ moves on etc. And there is now nothing that can be done.
It is hard to work out what it is safe to say. One knows someone will read something into it which was never intended and you will see where advising electricians I try to say something so the DIY'er will not try to copy it.
At 57 I have seen a lot and also made some real bad mistakes myself worst was to hang a key in Forman's office instead of taking back to electrical workshop and the fitter turned the supply back on.
So easy and now I drop tails at supply end to be safe.
With Bad English is so easy to put across the wrong idea I hate the term Low Voltage as I am sure although it means 230 volt to me and you many DIY'er will consider it as 12 volt. The other is "Live" and "Line" I am sure many a DIY'er will not consider neutral as "Live" so we can so easy be mis-read.
I cheat I have an electronic copy of most of the 17th Edition and I can therefore scan it for words or phrases and so quickly find the reference number it is not easy finding where it says something and I have gone to old 16th edition many times and noted section and then tried to find 17th Edition version and there are so many little things changed.
This means all the books based on 16th are also out of date and since I have already passed my 17th months ago I am loathed to buy a new set of guidance notes etc.
Especially as not working at the moment.
All best Eric

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:39 am