Can I Draw my Own Detailed Drawings for Building Regulations Application?
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
fatskintslug
Labourer
Labourer

Can I Draw my Own Detailed Drawings for Building Regulations Application?

Post by fatskintslug » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:52 am

Hi

We're currently planning a single story extension to the back of our house, and although we don't need planning permission, we do need building regs.

My question is, can I draw the plans myself using Adobe Illustrator, or do these need to be done by an architect/technician?

If I am to draw the plans myself, what are the specific rules I need to follow? Does it need to be printed on A3 paper, must everything be to scale etc. I can't find a set of rules anywhere, but I'm guessing there must be some?

Thanks

Sally

arbco
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Can I Draw my Own Detailed Drawings for Building Regulations Application?

Post by arbco » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:41 pm

You can do the plans yourself but they must be to scale. 1:100 or 1:50 I would suggest. As the plans require details to show compliance with the regulations I would suggest that you apply using a building notice unless you are over or within 3m of a public sewer. This would only require a site/block plan an some basic plans

michaelbailey
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Can I Draw my Own Detailed Drawings for Building Regulations Application?

Post by michaelbailey » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:26 am

draw th plans yourself.Plan size doesn't matter local authorities are slowly doing way with paper everything is now submitted in 'pdf' format.I suggest a frre pdf converter, many available online.I have completed drawings from A4 to A0X2 from kitchens to markets get on yor councils website 'public acess'and have a look at some planning applications it will give you some idea of whats needed

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:41 am