Can I Make one tap into two taps
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
BmGregory
Labourer
Labourer

Can I Make one tap into two taps

by BmGregory » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:21 pm

In my ensuite i have a pedestal sink. The wife wants a bigger sink and vanity unit. the ones we are looking at have one long sink with one waste but a tap at either side. so we can use it at the same time.
My question is, can i split the hot and cold feed to the original mixer to feed two mixer taps? put some sort of Y connector on each pipe?

As you can tell im not a plumber.

Thanks

Browndoff
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Can I Make one tap into two taps

by Browndoff » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:37 pm

It should not be too difficult. First, trace the pipes back to source to find where you can BLOCK the water-flow [so that you can dismantle the existing connections without being drowned!]. Then, find yourself some pipe-fittings to match the size of pipes already in place and, of course, enough pipe to reach the location of the new mixer-tap. Depending on the type of pipe and fittings, you might need PTFE tape to ensure a leak-proof fit.
Assemble the new arrangement of pipes & fittings, make sure everything is tight and 'solid' and, only then, release the stop-cocks [or corks in the end of tank-outlets] and test the flow of both hot and cold pipes. You can ensure the joints are leak-proof by tying little 'bows' of tissue-paper around the pipes near the connections - if they get 'soggy', you have a leak - redo the joint!
Good luck!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:55 pm