Can I Part Ways With my Builder Due to Some Issues?
Tips, tricks and information on how to spot rogue and cowboy builders and also a platform for you to post and warn others of cowboy builders you may have encountered and help to spread the word of their dodgy dealings

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Frodders

Can I Part Ways With my Builder Due to Some Issues?

by Frodders » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:00 am

Hi,

We are less than one week into our extension build, and already I have lost confidence in our builder, he came recommended by our friends and the quality of his work look good but numerous thing have happened this week which make me think this could be a very stressful build with this builder.

We did exchange a contract with the builder but it does specify anything about termination.

I want to know if it is acceptable to ask him to stop building at the end of a stage payment, so far we have paid a deposit of £3500, with the next payment due when brickwork is at dpm.

What are your thoughts?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Cosmo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Can I Part Ways With my Builder Due to Some Issues?

by Cosmo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:21 am

I would say Yes! As long as you give due notice and after satisfactory inspection, pay whats owed.

But you know having building work carried out can be stressful and you may well find you have jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Also by doing this you will probably find that the work will cost more (a lot).

Best solution is to talk to your contractor, tell him your fears and all should be well.

Good luck.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:05 am