DIY Doctor

Can't Identify Make of Timber Casement Window Catch

Postby Aerosailor » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:12 pm

Scotia keeper
Big pozi screw underneath
My timber widows were fitted in 1999 by the previous owner. Some of the catches are becoming unserviceable but I can't find out where to buy replacements from. They aren't brilliant but different ones would not cover the unstained areas of wood properly, I guess. The handle base has a wedge that engages the keeper as well as latching onto it. Despite this, the windows have still dropped and placed a strain on the handle bases. I hope to remedy this in reglazing (again).

I believe the keeper is a "scotia" type because it fixes partly on a quarter round section of the frame. Can anyone identify the make, type or provide a hint for sourcing replacements?
Wedge on left, showing paint scraped where it meets keeper
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:00 pm


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics