can the lights effect the socket
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
steveshaw
Labourer
Labourer

can the lights effect the socket

by steveshaw » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:25 pm

can u help please my lights flicker on and off when they want to and my sockets sizzle and start knockin things off tv comp etc and new consumer unit goes daft makin sizzljn noises thinkin it might be sockets checked them all and turned sockets off at fuse but lights still go daft is it light problem are sockets electrician says blinking lights wont effect my sockets is this true thks ps boiler keeps shortn out through all this sizzlin in consumer unit

ericmark

by ericmark » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:09 pm

This sounds like lose connections which in turn can produce heat and can be very dangerous. You say an electrician has already advised this seems odd as I would have thought he would have given you advise and or tested the installation. You say new consumer unit so I would assume you have an installation certificate for this with a schedule of test results? The measuring required to obtain these should highlight any problems. There is very little we can advise you to do as an electrician on site should be in a far better position to advise.
Eric

steveshaw
Labourer
Labourer

thks you are spot on

by steveshaw » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:11 am

wish i wrote to you months ago would off saved me loads of money and stress i found the problem it was a loose connection now to get hold of electrician and giv him a kick up backside thks again i can now sleep better

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:57 pm