cavity insulation
Information, help, tips and advice on cavity walls, ceilings and lofts etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sidha
Labourer
Labourer

cavity insulation

by sidha » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:33 pm

The next door bungalows,owned by the council, have been cavity insulated. Could I insulate mine by pouring vermiculite down into the cavity from the wall plate in the loft..why not..saves on drilling and would be better than none?

ken.t
Labourer
Labourer

Re: cavity insulation

by ken.t » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:26 pm

[quote="sidha"]The next door bungalows,owned by the council, have been cavity insulated. Could I insulate mine by pouring vermiculite down into the cavity from the wall plate in the loft..why not..saves on drilling and would be better than none?[/quote]

That is one way to do it but how could you ensure that it got all areas and that you did not have areas that the vermiculite did not get to?. If you are getting an extension it would be better to build in insulation as you went.

Newbee
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Newbee » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:49 pm

This may cause problems when it comes to selling it as you won't have a guarantte or proof it was fitted by a recognised installer and would be expensive to remove, I had a csae when a client insulted the cavity of a timber framed house and could not sell because of this and the cost to remove this was £10.000!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:32 pm