Cavity Ventilation
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jim A
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cavity Ventilation

by Jim A » Fri May 30, 2008 10:22 am

I've had a problem with my gable end wall - the render had blown in quite a few places, so I'm having it all stripped off and re-rendered. I have been told that the problem may well have been caused by the application of too many coats of masonry paint over the years, which effectively sealed the wall, and prevented any internal moisture from evaporating.
Would it be worthwhile installing one or more ventilation bricks at high level to help disperse any moisture that may collect in the cavity?.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:05 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:30 am