Ceiling Insulation
Information, help, tips and advice on cavity walls, ceilings and lofts etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jrh20
Labourer
Labourer

Ceiling Insulation

by jrh20 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:11 am

Hi. I am hoping someone can give me some advice on ceiling insulation. We recently moved into a house that has two outhouses below the third bedroom. We plan to convert these into internal rooms when finances permit! However in the mean time the upstairs bedroom becomes very cold as these rooms are not heated so i am looking at trying to insulate the ceiling within these outhouses in the mean time. I was hoping someone might know a fairly quick and cost effective way of doing this as the bedroom is currently too cold for our baby to move into! i was thinking perhaps i could stick some fibreglass insulation panels to the ceiling but not sure if these even exist?? Any ideas most welcome as i need to get this job done before the colder weather gets going.

Many Thanks

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Ceiling Insulation

by welsh brickie » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:30 pm

if its a concrete ceiling then use 50x25mm timber fixed to the concrete then expanding foam then plasterboard.www.expandingfoamkits.co.uk will give you some info.
If its timber joists,fibreglass insulation inbetween the joists and plasterboard.
screwfix for prices on fibreglass or wicks.
Or use celotex or kingspan 25mm-50mm thick inbetween joists then plasterboard.

PanelSystems
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Ceiling Insulation

by PanelSystems » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:03 am

Styroliner would provide you with appropriate insulation and you fix this in the same way as conventional plasterboard. As well as improving insulation so that your upstairs bedroom stays at a more comfortable temperature, Styroliner has a high resistance to moisture so it will provide long term insulation benefits until you go ahead with your plans to convert the outhouses into internal rooms.

There is more info about using Styroliner to insulate celings at http://www.styroliner.co.uk but please go ahead and post a reply here if you need any further advice.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 pm