Central Heating - Bolier takes ages to ignite
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
quattromanta
Labourer
Labourer

Central Heating - Bolier takes ages to ignite

Post by quattromanta » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:33 am

We have a [u][b]Potterton Prima F[/b][/u] boiler and it has developed a problem where it can take up to 10 minutes to ignite/ pilot light to ignite. The boiler keeps attempting to start but takes ages to actually kick in.

Is there anyone who can advise as what to what the fault may be? With money being tight I was wondering if it's something I could do myself or at least I could get a good understanding when looking for plumber quotes.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:29 pm

Is there a continuous spark at the pilot but no ignition ? if so it could be that the pilot needs cleaning.

Does the pilot flame light and the electrode still sparks ? could be a faulty electrode or HT lead.

Does the fan sound healthy, not grinding squealing or making more noise than normal ?

htg

quattromanta
Labourer
Labourer

Post by quattromanta » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:51 pm

Hi HT Engineer, sorry for the late reply.

I've noticed that when I look through the window of the pilot light there is no flame or spark when the bolier fails to ignite.

The bolier seems to ignite much quicker when it has only been off for a short while.

When working the fan sounds normal.

Any ideas?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1