Central Heating Control Query After System Changes
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

garfield59
Tradesman
Tradesman

Central Heating Control Query After System Changes

by garfield59 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:32 am

Hi all. Our central heating has never been the same since the boiler was moved and other changes were made when we had an extension built. However that's a long story and so I'm looking for suggestions to resolve the most frequent problem.
At 0500 the system starts on HW only and shuts down when there is a tank of water available. Fine. At 0600 when I get up I go downstairs and use the room thermostat to turn the heating on. No deal! If I want the boiler to light and provide some heat I have to go back upstairs to the airing cupboard. In there the three way valve will be in its central position presumably because there is now a demand for heating but the boiler downstairs will remain off. If I "tweak" the tank stat by turning the control up or down I can get the three way valve to move to heating, boiler fires up and all is fine! I'm planning to shut everything down, isolate the wiring centre, photograph or sketch the wiring and compare it to the boiler manual/online references.
Any other suggestions, please?
Many thanks
Gary