DIY Doctor

central heating flue

Postby robertpet » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:52 pm

Hi i wonder if anyone can help me. I have a Trianco Eurostar oil boiler i think its quite old, i did have it serviced 6 months ago when i moved in the heating engineer said it was in good working order. The flue pipe that comes out of the top is about 4" in diameter and goes into a 6" pipe the gap between the two seems to be packed with a kind of cement compound and a lump has fallen out. could anyone tell me if this is flue jointing compound and is it just a case of filling in the hole from where the piece fell out and is it safe to use the boiler before this is done.

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:36 pm


Simply Build It

Postby Perry525 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:26 pm

It depends on where it is, if its outside or in a out building that has ample ventilation OK, indoors its not a good idea to use it until repaired. The possibility is that flue gas may fall into a living room, this is very likely if as would appear from your text the pipe is mainly outside and uninsulated.
Rank: Site Agent
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 734
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:35 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics