DIY Doctor

Central Heating Pump High Pitched Noise

Postby Robh1990 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:22 pm

Hi guys I've got a DAB Evosta central heating pump and lately its been making a high pitched squealing kind of noise which travels through most of the heating system. I've turned the bleed screw and doesn't seem to be any air in there. Bled all the radiators.
Any ideas, I'm grateful.
Robh1990
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:55 pm

Hi Robh1990,
Sounds like you have air in the pump - you need to remove the central bleed screw completely to clear the air, have a cloth ready to catch the escaping water.
Regards, S
stoneyboy

Postby Robh1990 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:38 am

stoneyboy wrote:Hi Robh1990,
Sounds like you have air in the pump - you need to remove the central bleed screw completely to clear the air, have a cloth ready to catch the escaping water.
Regards, S

Turn the pump off first? Do I need to close off the water either side of the pump? Or just open the screw until it runs dry?
Robh1990
Progress to next rank:
25%

Postby stoneyboy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:16 am

Hi,
Probably better with the pump running and valves open.
Water should come out around the pump shaft once the air has cleared.
S
stoneyboy

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!