Central heating pump
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
VcRwL
Labourer
Labourer

Central heating pump

by VcRwL » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:45 am

I have recently installed a new pump on my central heating system which is indirect, can you tell me please which is the correct way of the flow should the arrow point towards the boiler or point away from the boiler,

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:39 pm

Away from the boiler is best and most effective, but the heating will work with the pump in either way.

VcRwL
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Central heating pump

by VcRwL » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:44 am

[quote="VcRwL"]I have recently installed a new pump on my central heating system which is indirect, can you tell me please which is the correct way of the flow should the arrow point towards the boiler or point away from the boiler,[/quote] thanks for that but the pump is fitted on the return pipe which is at the bottom of the boiler and it is pointing to the boiler if I fit it away from the boiler Will I need to move the pump to the upper pipe at the boiler which is the feed pipe to the system

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

Central heating pump

by Perry525 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:04 pm

The pump is always fitted on the return side of the boiler so it pushes the water into the boiler and thereby keeps as cool as possible. A proper return would see the water going into the pump at 20 degrees C lower temperature.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1