Central heating system faults --HELP--
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

barbo
Labourer
Labourer

Central heating system faults --HELP--

by barbo » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:34 pm

Hi,

i am working in a hotel and this week we hd a problem in the central heating system.can some one help me with this ??

In this central heating system, the water is heated using steam from a boiler and the secondary water temperature is kept constant at 80 deg C by a valve. the water is pumped by two pumps whicha are in a closed loop system to different rooms while the individual temperature is controlled by a thermostatic valve which close the water to the room radiators when the selected temperature is reached.

suddenly the heating output capacity of th room radiators has dropped drastically. the return line pressure in secondray circuit has also dropped.

first i thought that there was an increase in a damaned but this fault had occured suddenly so i dont think that this is the fault. can someone help me with this problem and tell me what is the possible faults ??
And what is the best diagnostic technique to find this fault?? i am considering using the functional chart is it right ??

and the last question is what are the primary and secondry performance in the centarl heating system ??

if someone can help me with this i appreciate it and if there is any links which can help me with this problle list them please.

thanks
J.Borg