Central heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
chief
Labourer
Labourer

Central heating

by chief » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:18 pm

Hi,
Can any one help me with my 15 year old central heating system. For the last 18 months there has been a great amount of noise and venting of steam to the expansion tank in the loft, the pump is noise and the 3-way valve pops.
I have B.G homecare and they have replaced the 3-way valve three times and the pump once, and the last time they told me I needed a power flush at a cost of £750
I have flushed the system twice using DIY flushing solutions which has not cured the noise and venting of steam.
It appears worse when the system is on water only and I get a lot air in the first radiator when on heating and water
Q.1 Do I need a power flush
Q.2 Would a noise reduction fluid I have seen advertised work

muttley
Tradesman
Tradesman

cold feed probs

by muttley » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:25 am

hi,sounds very much like a blockage in your system,check that the cold feed from the expansion tank that feeds your heating is not blocked,if the water cannot expand thru the cold feed it will pump over.This is quite common in old systems.BG are a rip off,you can get a powerflush done for about £300. BG are trying to get their money back on what youve just cost them. Get a decent Plumber in for some advice.HTH

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1