Central Heating working but no Hot Water! Help please..
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Flood
Labourer
Labourer

Central Heating working but no Hot Water! Help please..

by Flood » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:43 pm

Firstly, apologies if I've posted to the wrong forum, I'm a complete novice..

My boiler is a kingfisher MF, about 5 years old. Has been working fine but recently the HW facility has stopped working. The boiler fires up, the flame light comes on but around 2-3 minutes later, the boiler turns off. Then there is a clicking noise - might be the relay on the control board. It clicks a few times and then stops and the boiler remains off.

The CH works fine and right now, turning the CH on is the only way of getting hot water - becoming a big problem now as it's getting warmer!

There are no motorised valves - the HW is gravity fed and when the CH is on, the water always gets heated. There's no way of stopping this.

I followed the Troubleshooting in the boiler manual and checked the Overheat thermostat. This seems to be shorting and so doesn't need to be replaced. The only thing left to do - according to the manual - is to change the control board....

Does this sound right? Please help, I'm totally out of my depth here!

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:49 pm

Must admit, I am not familiar with the kingfisher MF, but normally if the hot water is gravity fed, regardless of what boiler it is (excluding combis), then the only thing preventing the boiler from firing when in hot water mode only, is an incorrectly set or faulty timer/controller. I assume you don't have a tank thermostat?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1