Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mullerriceman
Labourer
Labourer

Cesspit and Septic Tank Question for Property in Poland

by mullerriceman » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:58 am

Hello All,
I'm based in Poland, quite close to a major city, but live in a small village which has absolutely no amenities (typical of Poland). I was wondering if you might be able to help/suggest if my idea is possible/a non-starter.

I live on a small private road with 4 properties. Each property has its own cesspit. We are surrounded by farmland which we don't own. The only 'common' land we own is the access road which leads to all of our properties.

Is it possible:
1) as an idea/principle to connect all four cesspits to a septic tank which would be buried in the road (the road itself only gets very limited traffic, a rubbish truck twice a week being the heaviest vehicle) and the road itself would be the leech field? The road is about 100 yards long and about 11 yards wide.

2) in practice, would the above be possible? Based on the legal measurements, any leech area has to be 2 meters away from a boundary wall which gives us a long narrow stretch in the middle of the road.

Given that it's in a road and subject to vehicle traffic (albeit light), would we have to pour a concrete platform to protect the pipes?

At moment I'm just considering possibilities as a 'proper' sewage system is 5-10 years away minimum.

thedoctor

Re: Cesspit and Septic Tank Question for Property in Poland

by thedoctor » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:57 am

In theory, were the job in the UK this might be possible but you would be subject to all sorts of regulations involving reinforced concrete slabs and enourmous tanks. We cannot help with Polish regs as we have absoluteky no idea what would be allowed

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:46 pm