Changing From Mechanical to Digital Timer for Worcester Greenstar 25cdi
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
paulhypno
Labourer
Labourer

Changing From Mechanical to Digital Timer for Worcester Greenstar 25cdi

by paulhypno » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:25 am

I have a Worcester Greenstar 25CDI with a mechanical timer (MT10) that is broken (no surprises there!). There is no room thermostat fitted. I want to replace the mechanical timer with a wireless timer/programmer and am looking at the Drayton LP20RF Twin Channel Programmer & Digistat + RF. Both the broken MT10 and the LP20RF have a clip-in fitting so, looking at the fitting instructions for the LP20RF it will just fit into the female socket. Is that all there is to fitting it?

I ask because there's a diagram in the Instruction Manual that shows a possible wiring for Ns Ls & Lr but I believe that is only for an external timer/thermostat. Am I right in thinking that there don't need to be any internal wiring changes?

paulhypno
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Changing From Mechanical to Digital Timer for Worcester Greenstar 25cdi

by paulhypno » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:35 pm

I've resolved this myself, but just for anyone else who might want to know the answer is: Yes it's just 'plug 'n' play'.

I bought Drayton LP20RF Twin Channel Programmer & Digistat + RF (same as WORCESTER DT20RF )

Unplugged the broken mechanical timer, and plugged in the new Drayton timer and it took 10 minutes to fit.

Bellinos
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Changing From Mechanical to Digital Timer for Worcester Greenstar 25cdi

by Bellinos » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:39 pm

Hi I’m just looking at the same issue but not an M10 but a bit older (:/)

It looks like reading it should plug Onto the edge of the PCB ST5 was that the same for you?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1